Marine and Offshore
Genflex For Industrial, Marine and Mobile Application
Genflex mountings employ the well proven inclined rubber element design to achieve much higher deflections compared to simple rubber in compression devices and therefore superior isolation of low frequency vibration.
The pure rubber design offers excellent performance in the audible frequency range.
Natural rubber also offers inherent damping to control transient motion resulting from machine start up, run down and fault conditions.
For marine and mobile applications, a combined overload and rebound buffer is available in both medium and high deflection variants.
- First grade natural rubber to metal bonded rectangular elements inclined to achieve maximum load and deflection using a combination of compression and shear loading.
- High strength SG iron castings to BS EN 1563 EN-GJS-400/15.
- Rubber elements effectively protected against oil contamination by the extended top skirt design of the top casting.
- Two different horizontal stiffness axes enable optimum system characteristics and vibration isolation to be achieved using careful orientation.
- Marine Propulsion Engines.
- Diesel Generating Sets.
- Engine Test Beds.
- Lift Motor Gear.
- Chillers and Cooling Towers.
- Large Fans and AHU's.
- Pumps and Compressors.
- Vibrating Screens and Hoppers.
- All values of stiffness are nominal subject to ±20% variation on final assembly.
- Dynamic stiffness may vary with frequency. Values stated are reliable for calculation of low frequency characteristics below 100 Hz.
- Optimum system stiffness characteristics can be achieved by careful orientation of individual isolators.
- Optional soleplate is available to facilitate installation on resin chocks.
- We recommend that all fixing bolts used are high tensile Grade 8.8 or higher.
- All connections to and from isolated machine must include flexible lengths, not only to prevent transmission of vibration through the connections and allow the system freedom of movement, but also to avoid possible failure of the connections.